David Humke For Family Court Judge
748 S. Meadows Parkway, Ste. A-9-145
Reno, NV 89521
After serving on the Washoe County Commission representing District 2 and serving Nevada Assembly District 26 prior to that I have decided to run for the open seat at the Family Court, Department 14 of the Second Judicial District Court in Reno.
It is a serious decision to seek a judicial position. As I looked to the recent high turnover in the District Court and the Family Court in the Washoe County Court District I decided it was time to move on to serve the citizens of this county in the judicial branch of government. That leads me to a statement of philosophy toward serving as a family court judge. While I believe I possess the ability to carefully consider cases to apply the law fairly and to listen to each party that comes to the court I also realize that the family court position has a considerable power over families, children and grandchildren. This awesome power of government must be carefully and thoughtfully applied so that your family members and your neighbors can achieve the fairest and best result should they go before the family court.
I am prepared to make these decisions for our children and families based on the following items from my background. I have served in or acquired education and experience in the following areas:
- Admitted to practice as a Nevada attorney with practice in family law
- Served as a Tribal Judge for various Nevada tribes since 2007
- Hold a Master of Social Work degree with practice as a Social Worker working with children and families
- Children’s Cabinet-served as the first Executive Director
- Served as Chairman, Nevada Assembly Committee on Judiciary
- Chief Sponsor of AB 199 which passed into law as NRS Chapter 432B- Protection of Children from Abuse and Neglect
- Served as a Project Attorney with the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, Reno, Nevada
Based on the above I request your support for the position of Family Court Judge.